Haydel´s Mallard Call with extremely versatile performance
Haydel´s introduced this great call back in 2014.
The Stubby Double Reed Mallard Call (Stout-14) is extremely versatile due to the shortened bigger diameter barrel and modified sound tunnel.
Loud high pitch hails can be produced with the Stubby as well as raspy “barks” and it even squeels ! Hold your hand so that it extends passed the barrel produces a big full lower pitched mallard.
You will be amazed how many sounds you can produce with this call ! The Stubby has been field tested by Haydel´s pro staff for several years and the results are amazing. You will most definitely experience the same. Full straps of birds !
- Place the call between the thumb and index finger. For a quack, you can say many different words such as “VUT”, “HAT”, “HOOT” or any version og these so that the air starts soft and ends suddenly. Use several quacks together to produce a calling series.
- To squeal the call, the sound “AFFFFFF” will help you to tighten your lips so that the air flow will increase in speed causing a partial lockdown of the reeds to produce the squealing sound.
- You will also want to increase your air pressure on the “FFFF” part of the sound. This will take a little practice to develop the coordination.
- This call has the ability to produce aggressive “Barks”. Using the sounds “Chat” or “Chut” will deliver the shocking a pressure to get the raspy guttural sound. Closing and opening your hand will accentuate the “Barks”.
The short exhaust barrel of this call is critical to the versatile performance. You can open up and get extremely loud on the call for windy days. You can shape and extend your hand on the exhaust barrel to achieve a more classic sound. Cupping your hand and varying the direction while changing your calling rhythm will give multiple duck sounds.
Like all Haydel´s calls, the Stout-14 stands can be used even if the call gets wet from your breath or if you drop it in the water.
- Reproduces the sound of mallard ducks
- Double reed
- Can be used in wet condition
- Color: Black
- Weight about 45 grams.