Haydel´s Variable Tone Double Reed Mallard Duck Call
Haydel´s Double Reed Mallard Call VTM-90 has the special feature that you can produce sounds like two different mallards. When closing the hole in the exhaust barrel the sound is like an older mallard and when opening the pitch gets higher like an younger hen.
As Rod Haydel tells in the video below, pronounce “VUT” while blowing into the call.
The duck call is super easy to use even for you who are a beginner, and you can produce the full range of mallard duck sounds.
Like all Haydel´s calls, the DR-85 stands can be used even if the call gets wet from your breath or if you drop it in the water.
- Hold the call between your thumb and index finger. Keep your hand open.
- The quack is made by saying the word “VUT” (rhymes with “PUT”) into the call
- Increase your air pressure on the “UT” portion. This will allow for a smooth contented quack
- The greeting call is 5-7 notes in descending pitch using the same 5-7 notes a little faster to create excitement
- The pleasing call is holding the first note longer than the rest
- The feed call say “DU DIT …… DITDITDI ….. DIT. Broken up and staccato.
- Reproduces the sound of a mallard duck
- Double reed
- Can be used in wet condition
- Color: Black
- Model VTM-90
- Weight about 45 grams.
All calls are factory tuned and tested by champion callers. No tuning is suggested, however if you need to adjust for personale style move the wedge toward the tip of the reeds to raise the pitch and opposite to lower.