The Natural – Double Reed Call for Mallards and Black Ducks
This best selling mallard call give you the best of both worlds !
It eliminates the undesirable squeaks and squalls that sometimes are found in single reed calls, but allow for the high ringing high ball for which single reeds are famous.
The calls are capable of soft sounds on calm days.
- Hold the call between your thumb and the index finger of one hand
- Use your other hand to create a sound box
- To imitate the calling mallard duck blow the words “hout, hout, hout” from 4-6 times
- The first note is held for 2 seconds followed by 4-5 other notes executed while diminishing the duration of each one of these
- To imitate the quack of the mallard blow the words “hout, hout, hout” from 2-4 times
- The feeding call can be created by blowing the words “ticket, ticket”, repeatedly to create a series of rapid notes
- To imitate a black duck, you must blow the notes by growling using your throat to give a deeper sound.